Are Reservations Required?
During normal business hours, walk-ins are always welcome and although reservations are encouraged, they are not required. If you would like to fly outside of regular business hours or are interested in a tour right before the sun sets, a reservation is required.
Can I get dropped off at another destination?
Due to FAA regulations tours must start and stop at the same place of departure.
What should I wear?
Wear clothing that is comfortable! This is a relaxed helicopter ride so flip flops or sandals are permitted. The helicopter also has climate controls for heating and cooling.
Can people of all ages fly?
Yes, children under the age of 2 may sit on their parents or guardians lap. Children three years and older will have their own seat. Children under 2 fly free.
How many people can fly and what are the seating arrangements?
- The R66 can carry 4 passengers per flight. Usually one passenger sits up front next to the pilot and the remaining three sit in the back. If just two passengers, both are able to sit in the back if that is preferred. The back seat consists of two window seats and one middle seat.
- The R44 seats up to three passengers at one time.
- Groups of any size are always welcome and we will do our best to accommodate them in separate consecutive flights.
What happens if I cancel or do not show up for the tour?
There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Any cancellations must be done prior to 24 hours of the scheduled flight. Any no shows or cancellations within the 24 hours are non-refundable. If the weight limit is exceeded for the tour, it will be canceled and a 10% fee will be charged. If the flight is canceled due to bad weather, a full refund will be given and the flight may be rescheduled.
Am I able to request a specific tour that goes to places I want to see?
Yes, we can customize a tour to go to a particular area you would like to see/fly over as long as it is within a 25 mile radius from the airport for an additional cost.
Is there a weight limit?
- Due to safety regulations, we cannot accommodate individuals weighing 300 lbs. or more.
- For the R44, the maximum combined passenger weight per flight, is 550 lbs
- The maximum weight the R66 can carry in total between the four passengers is 750 lbs.
- If weight limit is exceeded for the tour, it will be cancelled and a 10% fee will be charged.
Where do we fly out of and return to?
Tours depart from and return to:
Keys Helicopter Tours
Florida Keys Marathon Airport
9850 Overseas Hwy
Marathon, FL 33050
What form of payments do you accept?
Cash and online payment are accepted.
Can I talk during the flight?
Absolutely. The helicopter has a headset for each passenger. Questions are encouraged! During takeoff and landing please keep conversation to a minimum as it is important for the pilot to talk on the radio.
Can I take pictures?
Of course! We recommend turning off the flash as the windows may cause a glare.
Do I need to arrive early?
We request that you arrive 10 minutes before your flight is scheduled.
Can I consume alcohol before the flight?
We recommend that our passengers limit their alcohol consumption to a minimum prior to their departure. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone based on our observance of any peculiar behaviors or attitude. Although the Keys is one of the most alcohol-friendly towns in the nation, our first priority is the safety of our passengers and our pilots.
Can people with disabilities fly?
Absolutely! We are committed to providing a comfortable experience for all of our guests. Due to space limitations, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on the helicopter. If you use a wheelchair and are able to transfer from the chair to the helicopter, you are welcome to join us. Our staff will gladly help you transfer should you need assistance.
What happens if my tour is cancelled due to bad weather?
If your flight is canceled due to bad weather, you can schedule your flight for another day/time or receive a full refund.
Can I fly by myself?
- There is a 2 passenger minimum for all tours. If you are a single rider a private tour option is available to you at checkout. Rates vary by tour.
- Maximum individual passenger weight may not exceed 300lbs